If you completed your medicine from Philippines the you have to check first your admission sessions, if you didn’t enrolled before 18, nov-2021 then your course is Invalid. According to NMC gidelines you will not give you eligiblelty cretria. you have to complete the 54 months in philippines doing Intrenship as well.
As a medical graduate from the Philippines, you have a wide range of options for practicing medicine and pursuing postgraduate studies worldwide. With an MBBS degree from the Philippines, you can practice medicine and pursue PG in several countries, including India (India only possible if mbbs degree valid in India), the United Kingdom, the United States of America, Australia, Canada, and New Zealand. Here’s a detailed overview of your options:
Practicing Medicine with a Philippines MBBS Degree
- Philippines: Upon completing your MBBS degree and obtaining a license from the Professional Regulation Commission (PRC), you can practice medicine in the Philippines. The PRC is the regulatory body for all professions in the Philippines, and it oversees the licensure and registration of medical practitioners.
- India: To practice medicine in India, you’ll need to clear the National Exit Test (NEXT), a mandatory licensure examination for all medical graduates in India, regardless of whether they completed their MBBS in India or abroad. The NEXT assesses your knowledge, skills, and competencies in various medical disciplines.
- United Kingdom: Practicing medicine in the UK requires registration with the General Medical Council (GMC). To register with the GMC, you’ll need to pass the Professional and Linguistic Assessments Board (PLAB) test, which assesses your clinical skills and knowledge of medical practice in the UK. Additionally, you’ll need to complete a period of supervised practice in the UK to gain experience in the UK healthcare system.
- United States of America: To practice medicine in the US, you’ll need to obtain an Educational Commission for Foreign Medical Graduates (ECFMG) certificate and pass the United States Medical Licensing Examination (USMLE) Steps 1, 2, and 3. The ECFMG certificate verifies your medical education, while the USMLE assesses your medical knowledge, skills, and competencies.
- Australia: Practicing medicine in Australia requires registration with the Australian Medical Council (AMC). To register with the AMC, you’ll need to pass the AMC’s International Medical Graduates Assessment and Demonstration of Clinical Competencies (AMC IMGA & DOCC) test. The AMC IMGA assesses your knowledge of Australian medical practice, while the DOCC assesses your clinical skills.
- Canada: To practice medicine in Canada, you’ll need to obtain a certificate from the Medical Council of Canada (MCC). To obtain MCC certification, you’ll need to pass the MCC Qualifying Examination (MCCQE) Part 1 and Part 2. The MCCQE assesses your knowledge, skills, and competencies in various medical disciplines.
- New Zealand: Practicing medicine in New Zealand requires registration with the Medical Council of New Zealand (MCNZ). To register with the MCNZ, you’ll need to pass the MCNZ’s Certificate of Completion of Basic Medical Training (CCABMT) examination. The CCABMT assesses your knowledge and skills in the core competencies of medical practice.
Pursuing Postgraduate Studies (PG) with a Philippines MBBS Degree
- Philippines: After completing your MBBS degree and obtaining a license from the PRC, you can pursue PG studies in the Philippines. Various PG programs are available in different medical specialties, such as internal medicine, surgery, pediatrics, obstetrics and gynecology, and many more.
- India: With an MBBS degree from the Philippines, you can pursue PG studies in India after clearing the NEXT and obtaining a PG seat through the National Eligibility-cum-Entrance Test (NEET-PG) examination. NEET-PG is a competitive entrance examination for PG medical programs in India.
- Russia: To doing PG in Russia, there is no entrance exam there. Only condition is that your course would be in russian medium.
- United Kingdom: To pursue PG studies in the UK, you’ll need to register with the GMC and complete the Foundation Programme, a two-year training program for newly qualified doctors. After completing the Foundation Programme, you can apply for specialist training in various medical specialties.
- United States of America: To pursue PG studies in the US, you’ll need to obtain an ECFMG certificate and pass the USMLE Steps 1, 2, and 3. After completing these requirements, you can apply for residency training programs in various medical specialties. Residency training programs provide specialized training in a particular medical field.
- Australia: To pursue PG studies in Australia, you’ll need to register with the AMC and complete the AMC’s Intern Training Program. After completing the Intern Training Program, you can apply for specialty training in various medical specialties. Specialty training programs provide specialized training in a particular medical field.
- Canada: To pursue PG studies in Canada, you’ll need to obtain a certificate from the MCC and complete the Canadian Residency Matching Service (CaRMS) process. CaRMS is a centralized system for matching medical graduates with residency training programs in various medical specialties.
For know more, Kindly contact us on – +91–7701882533