Yes, you will need to pass the Foreign Medical Graduate Examination (FMGE) in order to practice pharmacy in India after studying in Georgia. The examination is held twice a year, in June and December. The FMGE is a licensure examination conducted by the National Board of Examinations (NBE) in India. It is a mandatory requirement for all foreign medical graduates who wish to practice medicine in India.
Eligibility Criteria for FMGE
To be eligible for the FMGE, candidates must fulfill the following criteria:
- Pharmacy Degree: Completion of a pharmacy program from a university recognized by the Pharmacy Council of India (PCI).
- Program Duration: The pharmacy program must be of at least five years duration, including a one-year internship.
- Nationality: Indian citizens or Overseas Citizens of India (OCI) are eligible to appear for the FMGE.
FMGE Examination Structure and Content
The FMGE is a comprehensive examination that covers a broad spectrum of pharmacy-related topics, including:
- Pharmacology: Principles of drug action, drug interactions, and the therapeutic and adverse effects of various medications.
- Pharmaceutics: Pharmaceutical dosage forms, formulation design, and drug delivery systems.
- Pharmacognosy: Study of natural sources of drugs, their properties, and therapeutic applications.
- Clinical Pharmacy: Application of pharmaceutical knowledge in clinical settings, including medication management, patient counseling, and drug interactions.
- Pharmacy Practice: Professional ethics, pharmacy regulations, and the overall practice of pharmacy in India.
Passing the FMGE and Registration with PCI
Successful completion of the FMGE is mandatory for foreign medical graduates to obtain registration with the Pharmacy Council of India (PCI). Registration with the PCI is essential to practice pharmacy independently in India.
Postgraduate Studies in Pharmacy in India
Passing the FMGE also opens doors for foreign medical graduates to pursue postgraduate studies in pharmacy in India. They can apply for Master of Pharmacy (M.Pharm) or Doctor of Pharmacy (Pharm.D) programs at various universities across the country.
For more detailed information on the FMGE, eligibility criteria, examination structure, and application process, refer to the official website of the National Board of Examinations (NBE): https://natboard.edu.in/
For more info, consult with us on – +91–7701882533