The first MBBS professional exam, also known as MBBS Prof 1 or First Pro, is an important milestone for medical students in India. It marks the culmination of the pre-clinical phase in their journey to becoming doctors.
Here’s a breakdown of what you need to know about the First Pro:
When is it taken?
- The exam is typically held at the end of the first year of medical school, after the second semester.
What subjects are covered?
The syllabus varies slightly between universities, but generally, it focuses on the foundational pre-clinical sciences:
- Anatomy: This covers the structure and function of the human body in detail.
- Physiology: This delves into the workings of the body’s various systems and how they maintain homeostasis.
- Biochemistry: This explores the chemical processes underlying life and the role of biomolecules in health and disease.
What format does the exam take?
The exam often combines both theory and practical components:
- Theory papers: These usually involve written questions testing your understanding of key concepts, principles, and applications.
- Practical examinations: These may involve dissections, identifying specimens, performing experiments, or demonstrating clinical skills.
Why is it important?
- Passing the First Pro is a crucial step in progressing through the MBBS program. It serves as a gateway to the para-clinical phase, where students begin to study subjects like pharmacology, pathology, and microbiology.
- Additionally, the scores obtained in the First Pro can contribute to your ranking for postgraduate specializations (PG) later in your career.
Some additional points to consider:
- The passing criteria may vary slightly depending on the university, but typically, it requires a minimum of 50% in each subject, both overall and in theory and practical components separately.
- Students who fail the exam may have the opportunity to retake it in a supplementary session or repeat the first year with the next batch.
I hope this information helps! If you have any further questions about the First Pro or other aspects of the MBBS program, feel free to ask.
To know more, Contact us on +91-7701882533
Website – Bright Future Abroad Studies