Yes, thousands of Indian students have studied MBBS in Russia and returned to work in India. In fact, Russia is one of the most popular destinations for Indian medical aspirants seeking overseas education. As of 2023, over 6,000 Indian students were estimated to be pursuing MBBS in Russia.
Advantages of Studying MBBS in Russia:
- Affordability: MBBS fees in Russia are significantly lower compared to many other countries, including India. This makes it an attractive option for students seeking quality medical education at a reasonable cost.
- No entrance exams: Unlike in India, admission to MBBS programs in Russia doesn’t require entrance exams like NEET (for foreign students). Selection is typically based on class 12th marks and an interview.
- English medium instruction: Many Russian medical universities offer MBBS programs taught entirely in English, eliminating the need for language proficiency exams like IELTS or TOEFL
- MCI/NMC recognition: Most reputable medical universities in Russia are recognized by the National Medical Commission (NMC) of India, allowing graduates to practice medicine in India after clearing the FMGE exam.
- Quality education: Many Russian medical universities have a long history and strong reputation for providing high-quality medical education.
Disadvantages of Studying MBBS in Russia:
- Climate: Russia has a cold climate, which can be challenging for students accustomed to warmer temperatures.
- Cultural differences: Adapting to a new culture, language, and way of life can be difficult for some students.
- Language Barrier: They only understand Russian language that you need to learn with your MBBS Classes.
It’s important to carefully weigh the pros and cons before deciding to study MBBS in Russia. Thorough research about specific universities, their curriculum, recognition, and student experiences is crucial. Remember, the decision ultimately depends on your individual priorities and circumstances.
To know more, Contact us on +91-7701882533
Website – Bright Future Abroad Studies